Filming has been completed! These next two posts will recount the process and how everything ended up playing out. So I managed to lose two of my potential characters for my dream cast. I was down one on either side of my proposed "race war" dystopia. This initially scared me and left me having to work around my story board and create on the spot alternative plans. I decided to take a different approach to my film and focus on formalist elements rather than realism. I felt that this would more accurately capture the general "feeling" of the opening, by using color schemes in the mis-en-scene and creating a visual contrast between the antagonists and the protagonists. The filming process did not take as much "work" as I had expected, but technical difficulties surely did make the process last longer than expected! I filmed over the course of two days, which was not expected, initially I was only supposed to allocate the Wednesday for my film, but due to the amount of time spent filming in the forest, I had no ability to film the first "brainwashing" scenes with the projector in a spacious room. I took similar shots of each character in the forest as well as P.O.V shots which were all in my original planning. I scrapped the idea of hiding in a shed all together. I had no set location for this particular scene and when it came down to it I felt as though the shots I had already filmed captured my message clearly enough,
     I was not able to film the following day, and the real filming with the brainwashing scene was done on Saturday. This initially gave me issues as the projector would not work. At this point I had found a spacious enough room that would give the impression that this was still a dystopia. I kept the colors in this scene relatively bright/vibrant in order to serve as a contrast to the dullness of the following forest scenes. I technically filmed my film opening backwards! I prefer the mis-en-scene in the brainwashing scene, as even the ski mask follows the same color scheme used. I am looking forward to editing all of this together! Let's hope I captured enough footage!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog