Updates! I got my projector! I have yet to figure out exactly how it will be implemented into my film, but I do know that it will most definitely be used in some capacity. I have conjured up some ideas of brainwashing. In my dystopia the mass ideology is that people of color are sub par and must be eliminated in order to create a “pure and master race.” Yes, this does sound exactly like World War II, however, this future society has fully executed this plan and only few are on the run, running for their lives in hiding. I feel as though the brainwashing idea stemmed from the same concepts that occurred during the Nazi regime. Often times in order for Hitler to spread his ideology he began teaching his propaganda from an extremely young age where children were trained to believe in the “Aryan race” and the racist/anti-Semitic mentality. This is where the projector comes in. At first I wanted to use a small television, but had realized that I had limited resources at hand and could not acquire a small television and accomplish everything I had envisioned. This then led to the idea of acquiring a projector and displaying a fake news report and implementing the zoom in technique that was offered by a classmate during a peer review session. However, after consideration and brainstorming, I realized that this would prove to be more difficult than once thought. I realized that a brainwashing technique can be easier implemented into my opening scene.

I am going to present my first character with static noises and a booming voice telling the character a repetitive statement that people of color must be eliminated. I also do want this scene to be as dramatic as possible. I will have my character in a ski mask as to not reveal their face in order to make it seem as if everyone and anyone is subject to this brainwashing. Ultimately suggesting that there is no one set “look” to the oppressors other than their unified race. I’m hoping I can successfully implement this tool into my project and I can’t wait to film on Wednesday!!! I will definitely keep up with updates here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog