Mise-en-scene, mise-en-scene, mis-en-scene, isn't that a mouthful? It almost sounds like a tongue twister, and it certainly can make my head fall into quite a frenzy. I have an idea on the type of color scheme I want my film to consist of, but I am uncertain as to how I can pull this off without weather interruptions or lighting issues. There is nothing bright and sunny about a race war, so the ideal outdoor environment I could possibly ask for is gloomy and overall cloudy. This being said, rain would ruin my production and would not be the ideal situation that I could be put in. I touched on this in an earlier blog posting, but ultimately I am hoping for a dull outdoor scene in order to pull together the dull colors of the rest of the film. I want my characters to be wearing dull colors as well, but I want their antagonists to be wearing brighter and noticeably cleaner apparel. This contrast should be noticeably different on screen and is meant to draw the audiences attention towards the contrast between dull and bright colors. It is meant to show that those who are White are deemed "cleaner" or "more noticeable" in society in comparison to those who are not White.
     I generally feel as though I am going to accomplish this by sticking to the color schemes of browns, dark greens, and beige. The location in which I am planning to film in consists of this color theme. The forest easily aligns with this vision I have conjured up in my head, my only concern are the "shed" scenes. I have yet to figure out exactly where these will take place as these scenes may need to be filmed in a separate location than the park I have chosen. This poses a potential problem for my mise-en-scene that I am attempting in creating. I hope that the other location remains consistent with the dull theme I have created, and I have to be careful with the two locations looking even the slightest bit different from one another. Consistency is key in my opening, as any noticeable difference can ruin the believability of the dystopia I am creating. So fingers crossed! I will keep updating on the future location I am going to be filming in apart from the park, and how well these elements will eventually come together in creating what I can only hope will be my envisioned mise-en-scene.
Image result for markham park images

Comments

Popular posts from this blog