I may have just discovered a new filming location! While starring in a friends opening film, his filming location did catch my eye. It’s an empty school parking lot, but behind it there is lots of greenery in which could also act as my character’s “hiding place.” My storyboard is far from being finalized and I have a great feeling that it will be created as soon as I step foot onto both my finalized location as well as any extra locations that are needed to create my finalized film opening. I want to make sure that I capture the fact that these girls are on a “journey” for their safety. In order to do so I felt as though it was necessary to not only follow them through the forest, but also in empty lots or empty buildings/stairwells. I want their journey to be captured on screen by showing just how far these girls have to travel in order to find safety from their enemy. I took inspiration from The Walking Dead as in this series the characters consistently move from one location to the next in order to escape the zombie apocalypse. By showing this on screen it truly brings the fear the characters carry to life.

I am carrying some fears for the development of my film opening though. I do worry that without prior storyboarding and a set finalized idea that my final product can lack in quality. However, I do believe that I have the ability to have more creative freedom in coming up with my camera shots/angles/movement after positioning my characters in preferred filming locations.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog