Hello! I am back with more updates on my progression with my film opening process. I have currently come to the conclusion that creating a fake news reporting is more difficult than I once thought it would be. I did however, find an excellent source to create at the very minimum the visual of a fake news reporting. This website is going to ultimately allow me to create a format to insert my own text and use this creation on a small television or projector in front of the man watching the news at the beginning of my film opening. Now that I think about it, a projector may seem like a better and easier alternative than a smaller television. The projection should be placed in a blank room with no furniture and be surrounded by a variety of walkie talkies and radios. I am unsure still on whether or not the male staring at the news reporting should be white or a person of color. I believe him being a person of color could add to the plot as he can even be connected to one of the four girls in some way. For example one possible way he can be implemented into the storyline is having all 5 of them technically be wanted by the U.S government as they are one of the few who have survived the "cleansing."
     In order to more accurately understand the mixing of genres of which I am attempting to achieve, I decided to find a variety of movies that fall under said genre and read each description of what each film consists of. While searching for dystopian films, I realized that each of the films followed the theme of the popular novel 1984 written by George Orwell, who is now known as the "father of dystopia" as he created the popular genre seen today in a variety of media. The idea that the government can become so controlling to the point that the future of society is in ruins in some form or another is really what I will be attempting to convey through my film opening. Not only do I have to encompass elements of horror, but I must also focus on the dramatization of the situation the characters have been put in and how it reflects on our own contemporary society. Often times with dystopian films audiences are left comparing how our government could reach those same levels. In this case it seems plausible that a scenario like this has the likelihood of becoming true, not necessarily in a full blown out race war, but shown in smaller ways such as increase in hate crimes and deportations. I not only have to capture the fear felt by the characters themselves, but I also have to ensure that an overarching message is being reached like that in a dystopian or socially critical film.
25 Best Dystopian Movies You'll Want To See. (2017, November 08). Retrieved from https://list25.com/25-best-dystopian-movies-youll-want-to-see/

PlanetEBook. (2019) 1984 [PDF file]. Retrieved from https://www.planetebook.com/free-ebooks/1984.pdf

The Breaking News Generator. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://breakyourownnews.com/

Woodcock, G. (2019, March 08). George Orwell. Retrieved from https://www.britannica.com/biography/George-Orwell

Comments

Popular posts from this blog